Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looking for a tackle after round 2
(03-28-2021, 12:34 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I'm in total agreement with your post here. And, I would love Leatherwood in the 2nd. He can play swing tackle and be a killer at G. Anytime the Tide needed a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 or goal they ran behind Leatherwood. I'd say move him inside to either Guard spot and he's an upgrade. Plus, he can move out to Tackle if one of the other guys gets hurt. 
What a coup it would be to get Sewell at #5 and then Leatherwood in the 2nd. You throw those rookies in at the Guard positions in year #1 and that line is so strong and upgraded it would be very exciting times to be a Bengals fan again! 
Who wouldn't be happy with a starting OL of: 

Williams       Sewell      Hopkins     Leatherwood     Reiff

The reason why Leatherwood is even in the Bengals discussion for round two is the up and down year he had in 2020. He came into the year an expected Top 15 even Top 10 pick. He wasn’t even the best lineman on his own team (and yet still won the Outland Trophy).

It was hoped he could get some of that momentum back at the Senior Bowl but he didn’t play as well as he should have. That could work to the Bengals favor but he did lower his floor quite a bit. Had a nice pro day though.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for a tackle after round 2 - CoachGeorge - 03-28-2021, 01:07 PM