Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2nd round WRs should they get Sewell
(03-28-2021, 03:41 PM)kevin Wrote: QBs and WRs will fly off the board early in Round 1, because the talent is there, and because from High school to NFL teams are using 4 WR Sets.  The days of 2 WR sets are ancient history.  So instead I ask, what O Lineman do we take in 3 after we take Chase or Pitts or Heisman  Smith of rare talents out of SEC.  Why 3 at O Line.  This is a rare class of Linebackers per scouts, better than most years.  Bengals only have 4 LB's and that is too few, and not all that good.  A rich Draft of LBs means we can get a great one if we take one early. Bill Bergey was a round 2 pick LB.  WR, LB, and then at top of round 3 there should be a very good Guard, Center or Tackle that would be like a 2nd round because we draft so high at pick 5.  I say we get a Great WR, a Great LB and still get a Great Blocker, all by pick 3 in round 5, and that ain't bad.  I was all for Sewell until we got Raiff, but now I'm all for WR, then LB, then O Line and still top of round 4 and draft to go for more help at positions.

If we did get a LB I would be all for Jabril Cox. Dude is a beast in coverage (zone or Man). Has good size 6'4 230, and should run well at this pro day.

Since this site LOVES PFF Grades.... last 3 years (2 at NDSU and 1 at LSU) Cox earned coverage grades of 87.4 (2018), 85.2(2019) and 83.5 (2020)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2nd round WRs should they get Sewell - Fulcher_33 - 03-28-2021, 03:56 PM