Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(03-28-2021, 10:38 PM)Whatever Wrote: Firstly, a lot of top prospects opted out because they had more to lose than gain.  I don't hold it against any of them.

As far as the WR's go, Chase set SEC records as a sophomore and projections favor guys who were at an elite level at a younger age.  The Burrow connection is obvious, but we also incorporated elements from LSU's playbook into ours, meaning a smoother transition.  Waddle has injury concerns and has never produced at an elite level. Smith is a year older than Waddle and Chase and I also have concerns about him surviving with his slight frame in the AFCN.  I also look at what Justin Jefferson did this year vs Jeudy and Ruggs.

It would be about impossible for any NFL team to approach the offensive numbers LSU put up in '19.  Burrow put up almost 200 more yards and 5 more TD's than the NFL single season records in one fewer game.

I don't think that LSU offense is going to be repeated any time soon.  They were just unreal that year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Earendil - 03-29-2021, 12:31 PM