Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(03-29-2021, 12:33 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The Bucs had inferior weapons?

-Mike Evans
-Chris Godwin 
-Antonio Brown
-Gronk
-Fournette + Ronald Jones

Depth - Scotty Miller, Cameron Brate, OJ Howard

That's a gluttony of talent.  That receiving corp stacks up against anyone's.  And it easily beats the Chiefs WR corp in overall talent.  Evans vs. Tyreek Hill is a coin-flip.  Godwin and Antonio Clown make Hardman/Robinson/Watkins look like a bag of dicks.

Their depth at TE was absurd, and Gronk is still an above average TE.  Their running backs were solid, and I'm not so sure I'd give a rookie, Clyde Edwards-Helaire, the edge on his lonesome.

All of this lead by the greatest QB of all time, playing on a stage he's dominated like no other player in the history of the game.

To each their own, but I don't think the Bucs had inferior weapons to anyone.

Whose weapons are/were better is beside the point.

The point is that Mahommes' weapons were useless because he was running for his life every play while Brady had all day.

Take Sewell. Draft a WR in Rd2. OG in Rd3. Worry about the defense later or next year. Focus on one problem area, fix it, then move to the next most urgent problem. Don't fiddle in a bunch of areas and fix nothing. OL is problem #1. A starting level WR is problem #2. DL depth a distant third. Or maybe LB.

Only thing that would change my mind would be a godfather type trade down offer from a QB seeking team. Even then, I would not pull the trigger unless I could use part of it to trade back UP in the first round, like the Dolphins did. Detroit at #7 has to be the target. That way, we'd still be guaranteed one of Sewell, Chase, or Pitts (assuming 4 QBs go top 7: 1st 3 + whonever trades up to us at #5). Or Slater. Two of those 4 have to be there. If we still net an extra 1st (future) and an extra 2nd or high 3rd (this year), I'd do it.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 03-29-2021, 01:33 PM