Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(03-29-2021, 04:03 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I like all three; Pitts,Chase, and Sewell. That said, Chase is the best WR available. He was the best WR on a historic LSU Championship team. He won the Belitnikoff award in 2019. He already has an excellent rapport with JB.

We can get a stud O-lineman in the second. A stud!! Barring this NE scuttlebutt, I think it's close to a done deal. 
Chase was the best WR on a team that included Justin Jefferson. Think about it for a moment? We're going to have a much improved line this season. Pollack will see to that.

Why does everyone keep saying that?

His line last season wasn't very good. I mentioned in another thread, his awesome O-line in Dallas, had 4 1st rounders on it. Is he an upgrade over Turner, absolutely. But, he isn't some magical O-line whisperer that makes bad players good.

Stud O-lineman in the 2nd? After the top three Sewell, Slater and possibly Darrisaw there are good O-lineman, but not near the talent and ability of the top 3.

The name I hear a lot around here is Leatherwood:

Negatives: Must improve his overall strength at the point. Rarely finishes blocks. Does not always play with a nasty attitude.

Senior Bowl Performance

Alex Leatherwood was one of the higher-rated players at the 2021 Reese’s Senior Bowl. However, he wasn’t as consistent as his high billing demanded. Leatherwood had some good reps, courtesy of his overwhelming length and functional power. That said, he struggled to deal with quick rushers around the edge at times, and his one-on-one losses might have exposed a lack of elite raw power. Leatherwood’s power is more a product of his length, which serves as an effective conduit. That said, he can still get stronger.

Leatherwood is still a solid prospect with a relatively high range, but the Senior Bowl helped quantify his limitations, and strengthened the calls to move him to guard.

That is a huge drop-off from the top 3, I'm so tired of having to settle for guys on the line with "limitations" when you have the chance to take a guy that has such a high ceiling in Sewell or the versatile and finished product of Slater.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 03-29-2021, 04:10 PM