Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(03-29-2021, 06:50 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: FWIW, I seriously doubt Burrow is pushing them to take Chase.

It would have been extremely negligent for the Bengals to get all the intel the could on Chase. Or any potential draft pick or FA target. If we have coaches who coachem them or players who played with them, or even against them, we have to ask for opinions.

We asked. Joe gave his opinion. Which no doubt is stellar because, you know, Chase is awesome. But that is not the same thing as pushing for Chase over Sewell.

It is similar to asking a coach about the group he has. He is not going to publicly blast his own guys. That is how you lose the locker room. He is always confident in the group he has & that they can get the job done.

Just look at Frank Vogel, coach of the LA Lakers. Last week he was against any deals at the deadline because he was confident in his group. Now he is "thrilled" they signed Andre Drummond. So was he not confident in the other centers?

Plus, a QB is never going to dis his own OL. I mean, one guy takes a play off as payback and you could be done. If Joe pushes for Sewell where people can hear, how does that make Jonah feel? Or Spain? Or XSF? Even if it is not a conscious thing, you don't want your OL to be less than enthusiastic about the guy they are protecting. Gotta be Band of Brothers.
Not to be a contradicting person but hasn't Russell Wilson done just that? Said (paraphrasing of course as I'm using Pat McAfee as a source) "my OL is full of scrubs, fix it or trade me"?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - WVUHomer - 03-29-2021, 07:27 PM