Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Bengals actually worried about the line?
(03-29-2021, 07:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't see how you come to this conclusion.

The Bengals were active in their pursuit of an OG long before Golladay (or any WR) was ever mentioned.  They made offers to both Thuney and Zeitler before they even started addressing the WR position.

Based on your logic this means they are going to draft Sewell at #5.  

They have also talked to multiple D-linemen since Golladay was signed elsewhere, but have not been able to sign one.  That means they still see it as a need.

Based on your logic this means they will draft D-line at #5.

Personally I don't know what they are going to do.  I am hoping it is Sewell, but we can't say for certain based on what they did (or tried to do) in free agency.

Couple things to digest here.

First I was unaware in the other thread you were in on Sewell. Glad to see it, sorry I misread something and thought you were against it.

In other matters. Is there any reports that confirm we made an offer to Thuney? I know there is confirmation of an offer to Zeitler but did we approach Thuney for certain?

I see it like this, they got rid of Hart and signed Reiff. RT upgraded. They view XSF as one guard, and wanted Zeitler at the other. He went to Baltimore so they got Spain back.

Prior to FA there was all these posts on here about how deep the FA class was for OL, Trai Turner was mentioned. Villanueva was mentioned, Okung was mentioned. All those guys are still out there and yet the Bengals haven't made any effort to contact them. This makes me question if they think they have their starting 5 and are content with Jordan, Price, Johnson and Adeniji as back up.

I really see them going Chase in 1 and then Edge in 2 and maybe 3 is IDL or OL then.. and that worries me greatly.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Bengals actually worried about the line? - Murdock2420 - 03-29-2021, 07:36 PM