Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(03-29-2021, 10:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: I've said before that Sewell has Jonathan Ogden type potential.  He has technique issues that need cleaned up, which combined with work ethic concerns may keep him from realizing that potential.  I think there's a slim chance he outright busts, but there's a decent chance he's an Andre Smith type that's a solid starter, but not the Munoz/Willie/Whit people are hoping for.

Slater is a much more finished product and has great technique, which causes some to have him higher.  But Slater has size/length issues and is nearly topped out already, while Sewell has ridiculous upside. Some people will rate the more polished guy higher because that's their preference, while others will prioritize upside more.  I know one of the scouting services I look at that has Slater higher also has Smith over Chase because he's more polished as a route runner, but we're comparing Smith as a senior to Chase as a sophomore.

His athleticism alone will keep him from busting. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - rfaulk34 - 03-30-2021, 12:38 AM