Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trans Youth Speaks Out As Alabama Debates Banning Medical Treatment
(03-30-2021, 12:27 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I think he was talking about about GOP representatives in many states going after a minority population of children when there are more pressing matters at hand.

Understandable, but that needs to be stated.

(03-30-2021, 12:56 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You are right that I don’t care. Half of Congress thinks my dad’s employer should be able to fire her for being trans in the name of religious freedom. An increasing number of states want to make trans students, arguably the most at risk kids, a more marginalized group.

Which would be wrong.  It would also not be in line with the actual subject of this thread.

Quote:When the humanity of people I care about is up for debate, I don’t really care to hear people rationalize rhetoric that only serves to further stigmatize those loved ones.

Believe me, I can completely relate.  In the Asian hate crime thread I related that I have friends who have been directly affected.  Unfortunately, no one in that thread afforded me any special insight or consideration due to this.

Quote:Transphobia has been openly tolerated here for years. Anyone who has an issue with me not giving a shit about the opinion of small minded bigots can **** off.

While I can completely understand this position I don't think this statement can be applied, in any reasonable degree, to the posts made by myself or Beaker.  Both of which I think address this issue in a considered and rational fashion.

(03-30-2021, 12:59 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That and these sacks of shit in Alabama.

Again, an understandable response.  However, neither myself or Beaker are posting from there or supporting that position.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trans Youth Speaks Out As Alabama Debates Banning Medical Treatment - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 03-30-2021, 01:13 AM