Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I’m excited for next season...
(03-30-2021, 01:19 PM)Synric Wrote: Year 3 is a big year for the Bengals coaching staff I always say give a player and a HC 3 years.

The Offensive Passing scheme was solid last year but took a beating because of the offensive line, lack of a vertical threat, and lack of run game. The Run Offense was very poorly done and why I'm excited that Frank Pollack isn't only the Offensive Line Coach but also the Run Game Coordinator.

Injuries really hurt the defensive side the ball. Alot of the guys that took the reps in training camp didn't play or played only a few games especially on the defensive line which is the most critical part of the defense. 

All in All this is really a make or break it year for the coaching staff in most people eyes including mine. There has to be a drastic improvement.

The bolded is true, but the fact that Taylor couldn't scheme his way out and find something that worked is hard to overcome.  Same with the defense.  Take the pieces you have and find a way to make it work.  No reason for the team to have decreased in capability as much as it did when Marvin left except the stubbornness of coaches who are only willing to do things one way.  And with the right pieces this year, it might finally work.  But if there are injuries, what then?  The staff doesn't really show the ability to overcome and work around.  

I'm hopeful every year at this time.  Seeing new guys coming in from FA and the draft.  Always hoping the new energy will help, and that spots are upgraded or there's at least more depth.  Optimism is an expectation, where hope is a desire.  I'm hopeful, not optimistic.  I really want to be shocked by this team.  I want to eat some crow about Taylor and Lou.  I want to see these guys shine and this team look strong in all facets of the game.  But I'm saving my optimism right now. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m excited for next season... - MileHighGrowler - 03-30-2021, 01:48 PM
RE: I’m excited for next season... - tms - 04-21-2021, 04:04 PM