Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(03-30-2021, 11:54 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: whoever we wind up taking, we are going to get an absolute stud.  With the likely run on quarterbacks, we should wind up with either Sewell, Chase or Pitts as a darkhorse.  Daniel Jeremiah has Pitts as the #2 player on the big board and chase as his 2rd.  Slater at 9th and Sewell at 12.  Whoever we take, we will be a better team for it.  I think we need a stud receiver more than a tackle at this moment.  Jonah is going to be a good/great left tackle.  How do we know Sewell or Jonah will settle for playing right tackle and we don't end up with a situation like Brown in Baltimore who is not going to re-sign as a right tackle and demanding a trade.  I think our major weakness is our guards, and I don't know if we should take a guy to play at guard that high knowing we likely won't extend them, just basing that off of the past.  

I hope that they land a top interior lineman in round 2.  Wish they addressed it better in FA.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-s-top-50-2021-nfl-draft-prospect-rankings-3-0
I could more easily see taking Chase than the top two o lineman if they had signed Thuney or Zeitler.

Pretty sure all the WRs cited to me as grounds for taking CHase played with top o lines and a great QB who was great because he had a top oline.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - bengals67 - 03-31-2021, 10:07 AM