Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I’m excited for next season...
(03-31-2021, 05:15 AM)bengalfreak Wrote: I'm not really sure why so many people have such great faith in Frank Pollack.  In 2015, he took over the best OLIne in football in Dallas that was stacked with 3 pro bowlers from the year before. the cowboys OLine had 3 great years under Pollack. But here are the PFF final OLine rankings of the teams he has coached since leaving the Dallas Cowboys.

2018 27th Bengals
2019 28th Jets
2020 29th Jets

Sure, we know he can be successful with tons of talent but, its a pretty safe bet that he's not going to get anything close to that in Cincinnati.

Offensively, the Jets were devoid of virtually any talent beyond Barkley but he missed last year and in 2019 he suffered a high ankle strain midway in the season leading to lost games and only 1000 yards for the year. They’re moving on from Darnold after 2 years, have no TE of note and Robby Anderson is their top WR. Line is lacking talent too.

Coaches aren’t miracle workers. I think the 2021 Bengals will have far more talent that Pollack has dealt with the last 3 years. I think it’s a mistake not to have optimism for this team (at least offensively). Too much talent.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m excited for next season... - CoachGeorge - 03-31-2021, 11:38 AM
RE: I’m excited for next season... - tms - 04-21-2021, 04:04 PM