Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I’m excited for next season...
(03-31-2021, 11:38 AM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Offensively, the Jets were devoid of virtually any talent beyond Barkley but he missed last year and in 2019 he suffered a high ankle strain midway in the season leading to lost games and only 1000 yards for the year.  They’re moving on from Darnold after 2 years, have no TE of note and Robby Anderson is their top WR.  Line is lacking talent too.  

Coaches aren’t miracle workers.  I think the 2021 Bengals will  have far more talent that Pollack has dealt with the last 3 years.  I think it’s a mistake not to have optimism for this team (at least offensively).  Too much talent.

Coach, I think they have talent at QB and 2 WR positions and the RB position.  Do they have any skill players that just jump off the paper and scare the bejesus outta you? No.  Like i read some where it said "I bet the Ravens are happy as hell to have AJ Green out of the division".  He was the one piece you can say he'd win his 1 on 1 battles 9 out of 10 times.  

Boyd and Higgins are both pretty much slot receivers in my eyes on any other team.  Both are great receivers and I'm glad we have them, however, we're missing something w/o having a WR with speed who can stretch the field.  

Then to stretch the field you need to be able to block up front.  This team hasnt shown since 2014/15 that it could block for a QB or RB since.  

Pollacks a good coach but he isn't a miracle worker.  For this OL to be average he'll need a flipping miracle.  He'll need Sewell, which I dont think we're taking, to be draft.  I think we draft Chase because JoeyB wants him on the team.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m excited for next season... - TJ528 - 03-31-2021, 11:46 AM
RE: I’m excited for next season... - tms - 04-21-2021, 04:04 PM