Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I’m excited for next season...
(03-31-2021, 12:34 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: You mean like the Bengals did several times last year?  And that year before that?  When they play good teams, there have been plenty of what I would consider to be blow-outs.  

Staying competitive and keeping the score close doesn't really mean much.  First, you have to consider the margin of difference between players at the pro level.  Yes, there is still a range from serviceable to elite, but they're all professional players.  So the talent differential should not be staggering from one team to the next.  Meaning theoretically, all games should have close scores.  Second, if a team wins by a single score it doesn't mean the team that lost could have easily won.  There are scores in garbage time, there are teams that let off the gas.  I don't think scores alone tell the story.  Finding a way to win repeatedly?  That tells all the story anyone needs to know. 

Our defense lost us 2 or 3 games last year by allowing teams to march down the field after Burrow and the O put us in position to win. The worst one was against the Colts and Browns. Bullock lost us a game or 2 as well. He was anti-clutch. But he is gone and so is Sims. We will be much healthier on D with better depth, and hopefully it stays that way. Losing our 2 biggest FA's from last year hurt. Waynes didnt even play. Then Atkins and Hubbard and its no wonder the D sucked so bad. Especially with 3 rookie LB's. 

Ths is Zac's year. He seems to be building a team full of good players and leaders. If we lose a bunch of games this year, he will be gone. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m excited for next season... - bengaloo - 03-31-2021, 12:50 PM
RE: I’m excited for next season... - tms - 04-21-2021, 04:04 PM