Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(04-01-2021, 11:25 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: No, it's more the people saying, on national TV, that you are a murderer if you don't social distance and wear a mask and then getting caught not social distancing or wearing masks.  Believe what you want.

So let's remove the emotion of death for a minute and let's zoom way out to about 120k feet.  

A little globe that is about 20% habitable land wise.  The USA is a small fraction of that, is broken up into 48 pieces (49 if you count Alaska in the continental US) and with 320-350M little people scurrying about.  They have a stable, but fragile system.  Like ants in their colony.

Now here comes Covid.  It wipes out on avg. 11K per 49 pieces over 16 months.  Each piece has, except for a few, at least 1M People and the most populated up to 10's of millions of people.

It does not seem prudent or wise to have such a massive upheaval and disruption of the fragile system that would effect 10's to 100's of millions of people for such a small amount death (550k comparatively to 320-350M).

As you saw in my numbers from my earlier post, it does not appear to make much of a difference whether one of the 49 pieces created massive upheaval vs one of the pieces that did not.  This is even more of a reason to not create a state of fear, panic, upheaval and disruption.  In the long term the system would be better served to stay stable.

Now, if we are talking death on a massive scale, 10's of milions USA and 100's of millions worldwide of all ages/all health ranges, then yes, you have to try and save the "hive" (earth) (humans) by any means necessary.

Inserting emotion into these kinds of things takes away the ability to think clearly about what needs to be done long and short term.

With 550K dead over 16 months and a population of 320-350M you simply cannot convince me that the drastic measures we took, that effected 10's to 100's of millions of people were correct or worth it.  Also, at this point, the numbers don't bear out that most of it was necessary.

Do I have a sense of sadness for people who have lost loved ones to Covid?  Of course I do, but you cannot let that emotion interfere with what is best long term for the whole of the people. 

This is still purely subjective on your part.  Even Trump's own people said we would have seen deaths in the millions had we not followed mitigation methods.

But I'm not surprised that there are people out here, you among them, who just don't care about anyone else unless it's about money (the economy).  Greed and selfishness will be our downfall just like every other civilization before us.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 04-01-2021, 12:27 PM