Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(04-01-2021, 03:24 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I think you are taking some things the wrong way.

The 550k comment is from a big picture perspective.  You are taking it to mean people are selfish and don't care.

Some people do not like injecting things into themselves.  I am one of them and so is my wife.  It has nothing to do with Covid or conspiracy theories, or Fox, or Trump, etc. 

For example, my kids, my wife and myself have never tested positive for the flu, ever, or Strep.  We don't want to get injected with a flu vaccine that is just a guess every year anyway.  Same with Covid.  We have been fine this whole time.  We have been around all our friends, family, strangers, masked and unmasked, social distanced and not.  We prefer to take our chances with Covid over getting injected with something.  I don't even take an ibuprofen unless I am in a lot of pain.  I drink water, milk and orange juice pretty much exclusively.  I also try to eat somewhat healthy, although I fail there quite often.

I always wear a mask when going into stores and never rock the boat because I know it makes people feel safe and I respect that.   Not wearing a mask in a store would be a jerky thing to do.  I don't want to wear a mask, but I'm not going to be a jerk about it. 

And yes, you are correct, even though you seem to dismiss it.  There has been an enormous amount of harm done due to lockdowns and school closings, that IMO, far outweighs 550k deaths of mostly elderly and unhealthy people.

It is not the flu.

I don't get a flu shot and never tested positive for it either.  I did get strep every year until I was well into my 30's.

I got the covid vaccination and when I get strep I stay away from people so I don't spread it.

Know why?  Because in my "big picture perspective" the greater good of the community is as much if not more important than what I want.

I still wear a mask because it is the right/safe thing to do, not because I am concerned that other people might act differently toward me one way or the other.

I'm not dismissing anything...I'm putting the blame where it belongs: we fail as a society when we act as individuals only.

This pandemic highlighted the problems we already had with child care, lack of sick days, healthcare costs, educational systems still operating on old programs, unemployment systems designed to make it hard to sign up and collect, supply chains pushed to the brink to keep costs low, etc.  And that too many don't care because "freedom" and "you can't make me".  They just want to complain about the situation and put the blame on others.

Again, not surprised at all.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - GMDino - 04-01-2021, 03:47 PM