Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(04-01-2021, 04:52 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Never once did I say I was scared of the Flu shot or the Covid shot.

Show me some credible, long term (5+ years), scientific evidence that getting the covid shot now makes it impossible to transmit or be infected by covid.

All these posts about selfish this and individual that are just BS.

I said the same thing about "anti-vaxers" before the pandemic so don't feel attacked as it's beyond just these shots, it's everyone who doesn't understand or care how vaccines work. No vaccine makes it impossible for those things to occur, Polio for instance, only had an 80- 90% efficacy at first and eventually, they figured out a combination to get it to 99%...but that is still not 100%. The whole idea however is that through a large enough population having it you essentially kill it off through herd immunity. 

What we do know is that the vaccine does prevent death and hospitalizations at an almost 100% rate, and assuming the main goal is to prevent those things we have achieved it. How long they continue to keep that protection is unimportant as we can booster that response again (latest tests show we are good at 6 months still with further evaluation as time goes) like we have had to do with other vaccines, until we can eliminate the threat or adapt. As for the transmission, early research has shown a depressed viral load in those who are immunized that makes transmission MUCH less likely. Is it the arbitrary (5+ years) of research you want? No, but that number has no bearing on anything. If there was a deadly plague killing people of your age and demographic I seriously doubt you would set up such a strawman argument.

Your "choice" has real consequences to others so the selfishness point stands. You have confirmed such in ways you described those who have died as expendable. You believe that your choice to not do something so small is more important than "elderly and those with underlying conditions" dropping dead in large quantities, that is about as selfish as one can be.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Au165 - 04-01-2021, 05:05 PM