Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Injury Revisited - Miracle to get to playoffs
(11-05-2015, 12:29 PM)djs7685 Wrote: 1. Ouch, pot meet the kettle.

2. This is true, even though his statline wasn't pretty, he was playing solid football and most people could see his decision making and pocket awareness improve even though he had to deal with so many injuries to his receiving weapons. Call me crazy, but I was actually more impressed with some things Andy was doing in 2014 than what he did in previous years, but some just wanted to bash him for his numbers being down.

3. To be fair, Hill did have a LOT to do with our success last year. Gio wasn't playing at a high level, Andy wasn't throwing the big volume numbers, and a lot of our other guys were injured. Hill's performance this year has absolutely zero to do with critiquing what he did in 2014, that doesn't even make sense to say that it does.

4. Playing those 2 divisions is a great point to bring up as I'm sure it did have a lot to do with the 4th consecutive playoff appearance. It also helps that Andy and the Bengals have done such a great job beating Baltimore in close games since 2011. I'd like to see them 2-0 Cleveland more often than they do now.

5. I was very tough on Andy after 2013, I probably nitpicked him more than I should have. I'm often seen as an "Andy hater" because of all of that, and I still refuse to say that 2013 was some absolutely amazing performance, but I was happy with most of his 2014, and I'm surprised more people didn't see the little things that showed promise for this year. I don't know if anyone could see his 2015 deep ball being absurdly accurate coming, but the stuff like his movements in the pocket last year were HUGE for his progression, and I'm stoked to see that turn into what we're seeing now.

Are we actually agreeing on something? 

You're an asshat! Ninja
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2014 Injury Revisited - Miracle to get to playoffs - Sovereign Nation - 11-05-2015, 12:37 PM