Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something Different to discuss
(04-01-2021, 10:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Pieces from FA last year and this year proving their worth. A defense that can hold a lead, and apply some pressure. Some semblance of a running game.

To me, it isn’t so much about the wins as it is progress in those areas. I think progress there will lead to the wins along the way. If we end up 6-11 but made progress I’m those areas and look like we are just one more offseason away I’d be ok with it... guess I have low standards.

I wouldnt call that low standards all things considered. We have been rebuilding most of the team the last 2 years and have a lot of young guys who have to grow still. The days of AJ, Atkins and Dunlap are over and were over before ZT took over. They were all great players and the core of the team for a long time. Beyond that we were totally empty at OL, LB and weak at CB when ZT took over. It was more than a 1-2 offseason fix. As much as I think we will see improvement this year, the playoffs are most likely another year away no matter who the coach is. I think 7-8 wins is realistic with a ceiling of 9-10, but it will depend on injuries because we still have depth issues especially on the OL, and Burrow may have some adjustment time after his injury. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something Different to discuss - bengaloo - 04-01-2021, 10:28 PM
RE: Something Different to discuss - jj22 - 04-01-2021, 10:45 PM
RE: Something Different to discuss - jj22 - 04-01-2021, 11:10 PM
RE: Something Different to discuss - J24 - 04-02-2021, 12:43 AM
RE: Something Different to discuss - tms - 04-02-2021, 03:07 PM