Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something Different to discuss
(04-01-2021, 10:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. A playoff berth. Three years is an eternity in the NFL to turn things around. Many good coaches have turned around 2-4 win teams in ONE season. Three is enough.

2. Protect Joe Burrow. He's the franchise player. I know some are sick of hearing this, but I'm sick of seeing our QB's get sacked 40+ times and taking major hits every game.

3. A better defense. Many (myself included) didn't like the Lou hire. It seemed like we struggled to find a DC and settled on a guy with a very underwhelming resume. A career position coach whose position never/rarely shined under his tutelage.

For the last 2 off-seasons, we've been signing soooo many players for this guy. DJ Reader, Vonn Bell, Mike Daniels, Trae Waynes and Mackensie Alexander last year. Trey Hendrickson, Larry Ogunjobi, Eli Apple, Mike Hilton, Chidobe Awuzie, etc this year.

We've completely remade the defense for this guy. No excuses moving forward.

I'm really with you on option 3 here. The team has invested in the Defense via free agency like we've never seen before. There is no excuse for them not to be a much improved unit. Watching teams march down the field on them last season like it was nothing was super frustrating.

Also, I'd like to add that personally, I'd like to see some growth out of our LB's. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something Different to discuss - Murdock2420 - 04-01-2021, 10:31 PM
RE: Something Different to discuss - jj22 - 04-01-2021, 10:45 PM
RE: Something Different to discuss - jj22 - 04-01-2021, 11:10 PM
RE: Something Different to discuss - J24 - 04-02-2021, 12:43 AM
RE: Something Different to discuss - tms - 04-02-2021, 03:07 PM