Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Injury Revisited - Miracle to get to playoffs
(11-05-2015, 12:43 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Eh, I have no problem agreeing with someone that I typically don't if they make some good points. ThumbsUp

I think Andy showed a ton of maturity last year whether his statline was great or not. He showed me progression in his skillset which is something I didn't feel that I saw enough of from 2011 to 2012, or from 2012 to 2013.

A lot of people bashed me saying that Andy "improved" every year because his stats went up, but it was more than the stats to me when I'd say that he didn't improve much. I felt like I saw the biggest improvement last year and it's just a shame that the injuries piled up so we didn't get to see the full potential. This year we're seeing it, and my goodness is his deep pass a thing of beauty more than ever before.

Playing the 2 south divisions absolutely helped and that's one of the biggest reasons I can't considered us making the playoffs a miracle. We went 6-1-1 against those 2 divisions and 4-4 outside of them. I think that's a great point to bring up, and not to bash the Bengals because they can only play who is on the schedule, but it seems as if we may not have kept the playoff streak alive had we played basically any other divisions.

i think he actually managed to improve his completition % last year dispite not having many reliable targets to throw too. when you consider who was missing off the field. and what they are doing now.

And I would say the schedule helped us. a bit but winning those games were a big reason those teams had bad records.. Overall i think the AFCN crushed the NFCS last year i dont have my thread from last year as it was on the other site but the AFCN crushed both those divisions last year i believe.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2014 Injury Revisited - Miracle to get to playoffs - XenoMorph - 11-05-2015, 01:04 PM