Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Presidents making money in office
(04-02-2021, 08:28 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So, first off, eat the rich. Second, this just highlights, to me anyway, our status as a plutocracy and how that has been an issue going back to our founding.

Now, for the topic at hand. The unfortunate reality is that rich assholes have some complicated finances that are highly difficult to untangle. Ideally, presidents would have to set their assets aside in a trust so that during their time in office they are not constantly keeping an eye towards their finances. They also should not be allowed to seek revenue for themselves or their families while in office. Their salary and the presidential budget is the game. What they do after office, don't care.

All that being said, eat the rich.

Spot on.

Reading these and a few I didn't share because they didn't have all the info I was looking for I noticed Carter LOST value while in office because he really did put his business in a blind trust and it didn't get ran the way he did when he made it profitable.  Then he turned it back around after losing to Reagan.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Presidents making money in office - GMDino - 04-01-2021, 12:42 PM
RE: Presidents making money in office - GMDino - 04-02-2021, 08:31 AM