Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans
(04-02-2021, 07:50 AM)GMDino Wrote: For *some* reason a couple people took offense at "western culture" and though white people were being maligned.  Choosing to focus on the few examples in the article than the overall story of attacks on Asians.  And that's fine.  If they think the article itself was slanted toward white people then whatever.  I'm a white guy and was more than able to read it and not care about the ethnicity of the attackers or feel I was being attacked.  But I thought eventually discussion of the problem would happen.  I guess not.

All we've been doing is discussing the problem.  You've offered nothing but articles, others have actually discussed the problem.  Part of that problem is confining the reason for these attacks to "white supremacy".  That ignores a huge chunk of these incidents, hence, not actually focusing on the problem.  You can't save someone who has been shot by just treating the entrance wound and ignoring the exit wound.  Your patient will die and you'll be scratching your head.

How about instead of virtue signaling what a proper "white person" you are you actually address what's being said?  I get that Fred isn't interested in a nuanced discussion on anything, but I thought you just might be capable.  Apparently not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The long Western legacy of violence against Asian Americans - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 04-02-2021, 11:03 AM