Poll: Who will fail to be the "Generational Talent", that hey are touted to be?
This poll is closed.
Pitts
38.24%
13 38.24%
Chase
20.59%
7 20.59%
Sewell
41.18%
14 41.18%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generational Talent? Is he really?
(04-02-2021, 02:50 PM)Synric Wrote: He also comes out of a very offensive line friendly system in a conference devoid of pass rush. 

Oregon tackles always seem to "never give up sacks".

I admit I am not an expeprt on their scheme so this may be true.  I rewatched the game vs Auburn and saw a lot of quick throws, but also an equal number of throws that required long engagement for the O-line (several times Herbert was holding the ball for 3 + seconds).  They asked Sewell to do a ton. I never saw him get help, they ran at his side often, and they routinely required him to make blocks on bubble screens where he was tasked with getting 20 yards out and engaging DBs and LB, which he did effectively.  He did it all and it was really impressive.  Especially when you remember the kid was only 18/19 at the time.  The only time I saw him have the struggle with Derrick Brown was on a 4th and short, line stacked left, Auburn slanting right.  Brown got leverage on him and moved him back, but didn't make the play.  

It's a 10 min video but definitely worth a watch.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep9_ecK_HKw

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Generational Talent? Is he really? - Stewy - 04-02-2021, 11:47 AM
RE: Generational Talent? Is he really? - Burma - 04-02-2021, 03:04 PM