Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the top Offensive Tackle Prospect?
(04-03-2021, 12:21 AM)Synric Wrote: Penei Sewell and Rashawn Slater have been debated by top evaluators who is OT1. Sewell was the inexperienced huge mauler in a weaker conference and Slater the refined technician in a stronger conference.

Several of the top Draft Analysts have Slater as the top Offensive Tackle Prospect. Who is yours? I know after today it's more up in the air for me.

Trying to decide between 2 sacks, 2 hits, and 19 hurries in 949 pass blocking snaps and 1 sack, 3 hits, and 11 hurries in 706 pass blocking snaps is not an easy task.  My gut and head are leaning towards Sewell also due to the ephemeral "higher ceiling" reason.  But we did see Slater blank a guy who got 7.5 sacks his rookie season in the nfl.

So we need to consider the competition.

The Big 10s top 5 sack leaders for 2019:
1. Chase Young* • Ohio State 16.5
2. Zack Baun* • Wisconsin 12.5
3. Chris Orr* • Wisconsin 11.5
A.J. Epenesa* • Iowa 11.5
5. Kenny Willekes* • Michigan State 10.0

The PAC 12's top 5 sack leaders for 2019: (Thibodeaux doesn't count)
1. Hamilcar Rashed Jr • Oregon State 14.0
2. Bradlee Anae* • Utah 13.0
3. Cameron Goode* • California 9.5
4. Kayvon Thibodeaux* • Oregon 9.0
5. Casey Toohill • Stanford 8.0
Joe Tryon* • Washington 8.0

The Big 10 had better pass rushers than the Pac 12. Both teams shared 2 opponents in 2019 with Northwestern playing Stanford and Oregon met Wisconsin in the rose bowl that year.  In the rose bowl both of the Wisconsin sack leaders were blanked.  In Northwesterns game against Stanford Toohil got 1 sack. In 2018 they each shared an opponent with Northwestern meeting Utah in the Holiday Bowl and Oregon meeting Michigan State in the Redbox (wtf?) bowl. Without watching each game there is no real way to see how many times the respective sack leaders went against Slater or Rashawn.  Maybe someday I will have the time.  

So after all that my answer is ... Lemme think on it  Cool

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who is the top Offensive Tackle Prospect? - Burma - 04-03-2021, 12:51 AM