Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-03-2021, 03:06 AM)Fichidius Wrote: That was a somewhat interesting read. It's very contrary to popular opinion. 
According to the article every good play Chase had against good teams was the result of illegal pick/rub plays or Jefferson/CEH somehow getting him open. Said watching Chase just made it obvious how much better Jefferson and Clyde Edwards-Helaire are than Chase. Said there wasn't a single play by Chase that made him say "wow".
The article writer also thought he would not be a good athlete (said all of his physical attributes are meh) and that he should skip his pro day because his measurements wouldn't be any good. Has no vertical ability and would be 4.5+ in the 40 yard dash. They were dead on for his 3-cone though saying it would be +-7.00 which is exactly what he ran though. They couldn't have been more wrong about rest with him testing like a 99th percentile athlete. 
Ends the article saying Chase should be a 3rd or 4th round pick at best.

"My one sentence scouting summary – Ja’Marr Chase is not special." - R.C. Fisher (the author of the article)

It seemed like he was just being salty... but I watched this clip, it's Chase vs Florida. His big play is not really him, as much as a brilliant play design to get him open, using the RB and defender to create space.

I'm not trying to kick a hornets nest or be all negative but, for all the hype about... "Ohhh you gotta get Chase... and he's generational." Against a good defense, he looked like a good WR... but not superman that everyone is hyping him to be. Saw him blanketed on several plays.

I do love his fight after the catch and breaking tackles, that is nice to see. 

But his first touchdown, he's covered, there is no separation from the CB. That is a perfect ball from Burrow for that score. It's around the 50 second mark in the video. And all I hear from people on this board is how we need a WR that can create separation. I saw 2 catches where Chase created separation with great routes and one where the play design created it. Outside of that, I saw a guy covered and making contested catches. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 04-03-2021, 03:32 AM