Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-03-2021, 03:32 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It seemed like he was just being salty... but I watched this clip, it's Chase vs Florida. His big play is not really him, as much as a brilliant play design to get him open, using the RB and defender to create space.

I'm not trying to kick a hornets nest or be all negative but, for all the hype about... "Ohhh you gotta get Chase... and he's generational." Against a good defense, he looked like a good WR... but not superman that everyone is hyping him to be. Saw him blanketed on several plays.

I do love his fight after the catch and breaking tackles, that is nice to see. 

But his first touchdown, he's covered, there is no separation from the CB. That is a perfect ball from Burrow for that score. It's around the 50 second mark in the video. And all I hear from people on this board is how we need a WR that can create separation. I saw 2 catches where Chase created separation with great routes and one where the play design created it. Outside of that, I saw a guy covered and making contested catches. 

I agree the breaking tackles was nice. His first TD the CB was on his back hip. The throw would have been easier for Burrow (and Burrow could have actually led Chase instead of bulleting it into him) if the ref wasn't standing right where he was. He was definitely schemed open for the one that he was wide open on.
The 2nd play on that clip he had a step on the CB and if Burrow would have thrown it deeper it would have also been a touchdown.

I agree Henderson had good coverage on Chase. Of course, Henderson was the 9th overall pick last year for a reason.

Chase is great, but he's not a 4.2 I'm going to run past you on a go route on every play type. He has about the same speed as the top receivers usually have, great vertical, and great agility.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Fichidius - 04-03-2021, 03:53 AM