Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I’m excited for next season...
(03-31-2021, 11:38 AM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Offensively, the Jets were devoid of virtually any talent beyond Barkley but he missed last year and in 2019 he suffered a high ankle strain midway in the season leading to lost games and only 1000 yards for the year.  They’re moving on from Darnold after 2 years, have no TE of note and Robby Anderson is their top WR.  Line is lacking talent too.  

Coaches aren’t miracle workers.  I think the 2021 Bengals will  have far more talent that Pollack has dealt with the last 3 years.  I think it’s a mistake not to have optimism for this team (at least offensively).  Too much talent.

I say again, where's the far more talent? They swapped Bobby Hart for Riley Reiff. Good move no doubt. But its starting to look like they are completely done improving the OLine in free agency this year. And they could very well not draft any linemen until the second round in the draft if Chase is there when they pick in the first round.  

I mean, this is the same team whose big FA pickup for the Oline in 2020 was Xavier Su'a-filo, a player that couldn't crack the starting lineup in two seasons at Dallas, and then proceeded to not draft any lineman whatsoever until the 6th round. 

Pollack may very well be an outstanding coach but I'm merely pointing out that there is no history to suggest he's going to be tremendously successful with what he's going to be given this coming season which is an average to below average offensive line.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I’m excited for next season... - bengalfreak - 04-04-2021, 06:35 AM
RE: I’m excited for next season... - tms - 04-21-2021, 04:04 PM