Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Texas Governor Is Pissed At Biden's Border Policies
(04-03-2021, 07:39 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: What are we arguing. Our southern border is currently a mess. We all agree. Our disagreement lies in the fact some people see it as the conservative media's fault for sensationalizing it where in I say the people in charge should hold the blame. The media holds the blame for a lot of things in this country but they don't make policy changes. Politicians do. Biden is the boss. The big guy. The buck stops with him. He can & should implement the changes needed whatever they may be to fix it. I wish him success. You can call it an open border or not I don't care what you call it. Whatever the term used it's a freaking mess.

No one blames "the conservative media" for drawing people to our border.

But I and others do blame them for repeatedly claiming we have an open border when we don't--while stoking fears about disease-ridden immigrants--and they can count on much of their audience not to sort that out. 

So right wing media is not merely "sensationalizing" troubles at the border. It is actively disseminating disinformation about border policy/issues. 

And that disinformation has an effect on the policy process as the misinformed vote in mass numbers, and tend to remain in the Fox/OANN/NEWSMAX loop where disinformation won't be challenged. 

You understand that even if Biden is "in charge and should hold the blame," Republican opposition in the Senate can prevent him implementing the "changes needed wherever"?  And hope the blame sticks to him? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas Governor Is Pissed At Biden's Border Policies - Dill - 04-04-2021, 12:00 PM