Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The difference Pollack will make
(04-03-2021, 07:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Let me preface this by saying I absolutely do not expect Pollack to come back here and perform miracles. He’s not going to turn guys like Spain and XSF into Pro Bowlers, but I think some are forgetting just how good of a coach he is (especially compared to what we had the last couple years). Saw this thread by Joe Goodberry and there’s some interesting numbers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/joegoodberry/status/1377750950518095876?prefetchtimestamp=1617485977261

Where Pollack was ranked when he was here in Cincinnati is particularly impressive considering what he was working with that year.

[Image: EAq3Cm9UIAIoE5n?format=jpg&name=large]

And now he’s obviously going to have guys like Jonah and Reiff.

I am in no way shape or form advocating putting all our hopes on just him and not adding any more pieces to the OL. I want at 1-2 from this draft. But I feel so much better going into this season with an actual NFL caliber OL coach (and run game coordinator).

Just to put some things in perspective, last yer the Jets were the worst in the NFL with QB pressures. Pollack was the OL coach. I'm glad he is here and Turner is gone, but he isn't going to save this offense unless we get the players on the offensive line to actually change this. Existing OL players are what they are...and its not good.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The difference Pollack will make - GodFather - 04-04-2021, 12:09 PM
The difference Pollack will make - TJ528 - 04-07-2021, 12:56 AM
RE: The difference Pollack will make - 3wt - 10-25-2021, 11:20 AM