Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-04-2021, 07:11 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: We do this every year recently. 

And two years in a row I've let myself get sucked into the arguing about things that are pointless. Last year the argument was, can't trade back, Burrow is one of a kind and best in 10 years and blah, blah, blah... He's good, but so is Herbert. So, drafting Burrow turned out okay, and trading back would have turned out okay, hard to judge since you don't know who else gets drafted. But what we should have learned is that we over-sell prospects around here.

This year we again go round and around over 3 guys that are needs but not anyone of the 3 comes in and suddenly makes us a playoff team.

The years under Marvin of winning really spoiled the fans, because we were usually picking later in the 1st round and we weren't so terrible at some many spots.

I think at this point the amount of animosity on the board and the back and forth is just due to everyone wanting the same thing, the team to actually win games. Everyone has valid points on what would help the team win, problem being we need all 3 and then some in terms of solutions.

We need an explosive playmaker that can get deep on a defense and stretch the field.

We need a match-up nightmare that makes our red-zone offense dangerous.

We need a true elite prospect on the line that can be the anchor for years.

We also need... another good Edge rusher to rotate in and another good guy on the interior defensive line to help get push up the middle, and we really don't know if our LBs will develop into guys that can cover/stop the run.

Oh... and we need coaching upgrades.

There is zero point anymore in debating who should be picked. If it's Chase, we fixed a hole. If it's Pitts we fixed a hole, if it's Sewell we fixed a hole. Come 2022, we can look to add an elite guy at the remaining holes.

Meanwhile, how about those Reds?

Reds won the series against a division rival. Awesome.

That’s why I’ll argue both for and against the big 3. They all do something the bengals desperately need. I almost wish the big 3 would get drafted so a team more desperate for a QBs will give the bengals the farm to get one of them. That’s not going to happen, but maybe they can trade a few picks down and still get one of them. They improve a bad position group regardless and still bpa
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Gdale_Bengal - 04-04-2021, 07:51 PM