Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High school locker rooms and transgender
(11-05-2015, 02:27 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: This is quite the good point.

Which harkens back to what I suggested earlier that it be against the rules to be naked in front of anyone, in a public school.
Changing stalls, private shower stalls, and no nakies.

Not all schools have the private stalls. It's very expensive and this isn't a priority for most districts. I was a PE teacher for quite a few years and I will tell you this would make me really uncomfortable, given all the potential for litigation, you are screwed either way as a teacher.

Now a story...: I had a female who taught with me and watched the girls room..:: She was out for maternity leave and they didn't give me a female at first as a sub. So I had a another man for a week. Thursday of that week a fight broke out in the girls locker room while they were changing. I called the office immediately because there was no female PE teacher. Then we ran in to break it up to make sure the girls were safe. Parents made a big deal that male teachers were in the girls locker room during changing time. The principle told me that she wanted me to wait and allow a female teacher to run in there next time. The thing that saved me from a write up was that I called the office for help.

Now what if there was a boy in there saying he was a girl. Would the female teacher be constantly at risk? That's not fair, and an inappropriate work enviornment for that teacher.

Messages In This Thread
RE: High school locker rooms and transgender - StLucieBengal - 11-05-2015, 02:44 PM