Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-05-2021, 12:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm tired of seeing these types of posts. Just because there's examples of guys getting hurt behind great lines = we shouldn't try to have a great line? You're better than this.

1. Having a good/great line massively improves the chances of your guy not getting hurt. Fewer hits and sacks = fewer opportunities to get injured. It's really simple.

2. This isn't just about keeping Burrow healthy (which is clearly huge). It's also about the run game ranking 31st in yards/carry last year. Better blocking = better run game...which leads to shorter 3rd downs. Shorter 3rd downs help Burrow and the entire offense.

3. It's also about the deep passing game. Better blocking = more time to throw and let routes develop so guys are open. This will lead to more explosive plays, which will also lead to safeties not crowding up as much, which will lead to more open guys inside 10 yards.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Football is all about chain reactions. If the line is really good and you have a good QB, things tend to snowball from there.

This is why if you look at the last couple decades of SB winners, you aren't going to see many names like Megatron, Fitzgerald, Moss, Chad, AJ Green, Julio, etc. You're going to see elite QB's with good lines blocking for them.

We've been trying the QB/WR tandem thing for a long time now. Blake to Pickens. Carson to Chad. Dalton to Green. Now we want Burrow to Chase? If Burrow is going to be an elite QB, those guys cycle through WR's. Think of Brady, Brees, Rodgers and Ben. How many WR's have those guys gone through?

The funny thing, for me is that, no matter who we take--Chase/Sewell--i'm gonna be super happy but i'm also gonna be disappointed we didn't get the other guy. Weird...

But yes, i said it before; as much as i would love to have Chase, it's just so much smarter to get Sewell and then the WR in 2. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - rfaulk34 - 04-05-2021, 10:28 PM