Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The major monkey wrench in the plan
(04-05-2021, 09:01 PM)impactplaya Wrote: You think Jordan makes the final.53 man roster?

Yeah. $972k cap hit, $244k dead cap hit if he's cut. Plus Spain and XSF don't have great track records of staying fully healthy. Spain has missed multiple games in 4/6 seasons and XSF has missed multiple games in 5/7 seasons.

(04-05-2021, 10:19 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I wouldn't care if they traded down for a low 1st round OT and picked up more 2nd/3rd picks.

I'm just really concerned that in the process of plugging holes they strike out and get no value from the draft.

Quantity over quality.  Getting players to get players that might not contribute not only this upcoming season... but at all.

They might be in a better position to grab the obvious plug & play picks and get some serviceable guys from late FA cuts.

I'm in the minority that wished they would have kept Hart at a lower price tag for backup.

I'm not really convinced that our Front Office will be able to fix the line solely through draft picks...  call me crazy. Mellow

I would. Get Sewell at 5 because 1 Whitworth is better than 2 Bolings.

Besides, I don't think there's a lot of difference between a low 1st round OL and an early 2nd round OL this year. So just get Sewell AND an early 2nd OL.

Then personally, I would trade up from the 3rd round to the late-ish 2nd round (52-57?) and pick whichever 2nd round OL slipped to there, because likely 1 or 2 will. You can never have enough quality OL.

I doubt they'll be able to fix the line solely through draft picks as well, but they made it pretty clear the last two FA periods that they're not going to fix it through FA... so....

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The major monkey wrench in the plan - TheLeonardLeap - 04-06-2021, 12:26 AM