Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The major monkey wrench in the plan
(04-06-2021, 12:26 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah. $972k cap hit, $244k dead cap hit if he's cut. Plus Spain and XSF don't have great track records of staying fully healthy. Spain has missed multiple games in 4/6 seasons and XSF has missed multiple games in 5/7 seasons.

I would. Get Sewell at 5 because 1 Whitworth is better than 2 Bolings.

Besides, I don't think there's a lot of difference between a low 1st round OL and an early 2nd round OL this year. So just get Sewell AND an early 2nd OL.

Then personally, I would trade up from the 3rd round to the late-ish 2nd round (52-57?) and pick whichever 2nd round OL slipped to there, because likely 1 or 2 will. You can never have enough quality OL.

I doubt they'll be able to fix the line solely through draft picks as well, but they made it pretty clear the last two FA periods that they're not going to fix it through FA... so....

Whitworth was pick number 55 which as you say is late-ish in the second round. He was the 9th O-lineman off the board.

Clint Boling was pick number 101 which was early fourth round. He was the 19th O-lineman off the board.

I'd be delighted if we could get a Whitworth and a Boling with picks 38 and 111. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The major monkey wrench in the plan - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 04-06-2021, 05:48 PM