Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-06-2021, 02:02 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I'm taking o line with one and two if I was GM.

Big Ben wouldn't have been so great without a running game and an  o line that until last year that has been consistently a top 5 line.

We are not winning Super Bowl next year or the year afterwards. Team is at least two years away.

They cannot fix everything so I am putting all my chips on establishing a running game and protecting Burrow.

I might feel differently if they had signed a top free agent guard but they didn't .

You don't pass on someone who might be a Hall of Fame left tackle for someone who might e a hall of fame WR,

That is just insanity in the NFL.  This team is going into year 3 of rebuild mode with ZT at the helm.  No team should need 4-5 years to turn it around.  No team can also honestly expect to build up a team over the course of 4-5 years through the draft alone, either.  

I agree that this team has not put themselves into position to win the SB this year unless they start getting miracles.  But saying the next two years will be a wash and hopefully in year 5 or 6 this is turned around (when Burrow and half the draft picks are the back part of their contracts) is just ridiculous, and if that's the organization's goal, we're in more trouble as fans than it's even appeared.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - MileHighGrowler - 04-06-2021, 06:26 PM