Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A year late-Andy Dalton is a Chicago Bear
(04-05-2021, 10:59 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: To be fair Dalton those first several years played on much better teams than Burrow has. Idk the actual numbers but I'd be more curious of his rankings the last few years he was here vs when we had a much better overall team and coaching.

Considering we are talking about a rookie QB with a green HC and a terrible o-line and he finished 24th isn't that god awful in my opinion.

The offense on that first team wasn't really that much better. We were coming off a 4-12 season with no TC. AJ > Higgins, but Boyd > Simpson. Run game was terrible (27th in yards/carry). The offense was essentially Dalton to Green and that's about it.

I'm not saying Burrow was terrible by any stretch, considering the circumstances. That said, people rarely considered circumstances with Dalton. If he didnt get it done, those circumstances were called excuses.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A year late-Andy Dalton is a Chicago Bear - Shake n Blake - 04-06-2021, 11:01 PM