Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In regard to listening to what Bengals Officials/Coaches say Pre-Draft
(04-06-2021, 10:03 PM)Stewy Wrote: It's all smoke.

They all lie.

I have seen several references to things such as "Duke Tobin said this so, "yadda" is clearly what's going to happen."

Don't be suckers.  These people lie.  It's all smoke or ambiguous non-sense.

Don't listen to Duke.  Don't listen to Taylor.  And don't for the love of all things holy read or listen to anything on bengals.com.  It's all lies.  It's all smoke.

Makes me shake my head that people need reminded of this.

People overplay the "smokescreen" card, sometimes it is simply a truthful evaluation of the circumstances. What he said matches with the evaluation everyone in the world already knows. The OL is very deep and there are starters on day 2. The WR class is not as deep as he mentions. 

I think it's pretty clear they are taking a receiving option (Chase/Pitts) at 5 unless something crazy happens at 4 or they get a trade back opportunity. Why? Because they only have 3 WR's currently on the roster that has more than 50 NFL receptions in their career. I think what you saw from Tobin more or less explained why that is occurring. As a single statement, you can say smoke screen I guess, but the actions speak louder than the words. Now if you see them sign another WR heading into the draft, that would signal a change in plans in my mind. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In regard to listening to what Bengals Officials/Coaches say Pre-Draft - Au165 - 04-07-2021, 08:57 AM