Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-07-2021, 12:34 AM)Whatever Wrote: You have to go back to '04 to find a national champion from the PAC-12.  What was the last Pac-12 team to even make the CFP?  

Oregon made it. But this is a terrible benchmark; the same teams have made it year in, year out, basically.

You have to look at NFL talent being drafted and their sustained success in the league; that paints the MUCH better picture of the talent coming out of each conference, not how their respective schools did the previous year.

And I don't have the time to do that deep a dive right now; I can say that the last comprehensive thing I could find on a quick Google search, was after the 2015 season and the drafted players went SEC>ACC>PAC12>BIG12>BIG10.

I'd argue that if Clemson wasn't in the ACC, it would be the weakest P5 by far. But you don't see anyone shitting on that conference, do you?

Power 5 is power 5, period; outside of the SEC, you will NOT see any more sustained success from the talent in the NFL from the players of the other 4 conferences, compared to each other.

But then again, we have people on here calling Houston a, "Small School," which is ridiculous and hilarious, but it shows that many on this board clearly don't have a good pulse on CFB and/or are stuck in the past.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Truck_1_0_1_ - 04-07-2021, 09:37 AM