Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kemp signs restrictive GA voting bill; Dem lawmaker arrested for protesting
(04-08-2021, 06:28 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Your arguments change based on your perception of the other person’s politics?  So I would be ok in suggesting the converse? You want compulsory voting because it would help Democrats.

If you’d like, you can list the things you agree with conservatives on and I’ll list the things I agree with liberals on.

Not at all. I already stated why I wanted compulsory voting. I didn't like leadership being chosen by just over 1/4 of the adults. That's not a true representation of the population and not even close to Democracy's majority rules. This is how in the recent past you'd get school districts making the bible a science book. That's embarrassing. If the majority are Conservatives, so be it. I'm of the belief that they are over represented, partially due to laws like the one this thread is supposed to be about.

My voting stances as an Independent aren't like a Democrats or a Republicans so your offer is backwards as to why I'm an Independent. Most R & D voters chose their parties because they believe in their platforms. I'm an Independent because I disagree with much of both parties platforms. It's just that in the last 25 years, both parties have moved further from Center and the right has given me far more to disagree with or be disgusted by than the left has(witness: the last four years). I'm not interested in politics because of my beliefs, I'm more interested because of my concerns and a lot of that comes from spending some time outside of the country and getting different perspectives on how we are perceived outside of our borders. You may not give a shit about Germany or Australia or Panama, but you might if 50% of your nightly news was about one of these countries like their news is about the USA.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kemp signs restrictive GA voting bill; Dem lawmaker arrested for protesting - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 04-08-2021, 07:05 PM