Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A year late-Andy Dalton is a Chicago Bear
(04-08-2021, 01:52 AM)BobJohnson55 Wrote: I have tons of times,especially the first 5 years they used to have a picture circulating of stats comparing him to manning. Have heard the Brady comparisons too especially with the fast release. 

I think you're confusing comparing some stats or aspects of Dalton's game with ACTUAL comparisons. I'm familiar with the "comparisons" you mention, and anyone with common sense knew those guys weren't saying Dalton = Brady or Peyton.

They were just saying Dalton's quick release was an asset, and that Dalton posted some good numbers early in his career. Fwiw, I always thought the Peyton thing was dumb, because passing numbers always go up. Dalton played well in his first few years, but throwing for 3000+ yards as a rookie wasn't a huge deal in 2011. Not like it was in 1998.

Either way...again...that wasn't saying Dalton was = to Peyton. They were just trying to shine a positive light on Dalton's performance up to that point.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: A year late-Andy Dalton is a Chicago Bear - Shake n Blake - 04-08-2021, 08:01 PM