Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Tannebuam Thinks Sewell Is "Necessary" And "Easy"
(04-08-2021, 08:05 PM)tms Wrote: Meh, Adams is a bit too choppy and deliberate for me. He doesn't look or feel the part. I think his problem with telegraphing routes will hurt him even more as a pro. To use an analogy, he's the kind of player who "reads directly from his cue cards" when he's delivering a "presentation", rather than seeing the big picture and using the notes as merely a guide from which to problem-solve, adapt and connect with his "audience" (which is the real goal). We need someone who can improvise under pressure like that, which is another reason I vastly prefer guys like Coxie.

Imatorbhebhe is one of my fav names and least fav prospects lol. I’m not surprised you like him- he’s a track star, not so much a football player. His tape scares me because too often it shows him getting bullied and curled up in the fetal position by the end of the game. That will destroy him in in the AFCN imo. His route-running is notoriously one-dimensional and he’ll be learning all those steps and tactics on the fly... in the pros. No thanks.

I noticed Dazz Newsome is the flavor of the month now- good to see lol. He doesn’t have the kind of fast-twitch that I’d associate with CoP wideouts, though. He also plays exclusively in the slot, where we don’t offer as many touches anymore. I would’ve liked to have seen him do more behind the LOS; granted it’s easier said than done when you’re playing alongside MC and Javonte Williams. Still, it’s not a good omen that he was the fourth option as a senior. And UNC didn’t really use him to stretch the field like they used to (six targets for two catches on 20+ yard pass plays in 2020). It's strange that you would pick him over Coxie of all people, since he tested just as poorly, is four inches shorter, and plays slower than his measurements. But to each his own. He does have good hands, though, which should serve him well. We also need a return guy and he's done some of that. But I see Eskridge and Schwartz as better targets there, or Powell for a solid possession-type. They're all slated for Day 3.

Darden won’t be around in R6 so it’s a bit of an apples and oranges comp. But he’s 5’9” if you didn’t know, so you might want to change your criteria. Wink
Don't need to change any criteria I never stated Darden was an outside WR did I? But he'll be a good slot WR and would be a good 4th or 5th wr for us starting out. As for the other WR's you mentioned everybody likes someone different sometimes and their is nothing wrong with that. I like Eskridge and Schwartz as well(Eskridge better) Schwartz needs to learn how to run better routes.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Tannebuam Thinks Sewell Is "Necessary" And "Easy" - pulses - 04-08-2021, 08:28 PM