Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-08-2021, 09:43 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: It's the risk in the draft in generall.

If they take Chase 1st, they have an huge addition to the WR room but you then run the risk of the OL options at 38 not being as athletic and certainly not going to find a guy in round 2 with the ceiling of Sewell. Finding guys with flaws, or from small schools, or injury concerns that knocked them down or guys that are really solid but at their ceiling already.

By the same logic, if you take Sewell you secure your line anchor for years but now you have to play the wait and see game at 38 for who is going to be available.

I only lean Sewell because we've struggled for so many years with the O-line. I have no doubt Chase would be good here, and I think Pitts would be a really fun weapon to watch. 

When I gauge the two options I think will be there with Chase and Sewell, I look at it as Sewell has the higher ceiling. I think Chase can be a great WR, but I don't see him being the best WR in the league. I think top 10 maybe, more likely top 15ish. Still great but when I look at Sewell and his ceiling, I see a guy that I think could be the top LT in the league. 

The flip side of this argument would be their floor. With Chase, I feel his floor is higher then Sewell's. There is bust risk in any draft prospect, but when I look at the two of these guys I don't see any real bust potential. If neither lives up to the hype I think Chase's floor ends up looking better then the floor of Sewell that maybe ends up as a good RT. Nice, but not what you want at 5.

So, now you look at need. And our deep at WR needs improvement, as does our depth at OL. I just see the top of our WR group is really good, then a drop off to Tate and Thomas and etc. With the O-line we have 5 solid guys if they are all healthy and that if is a HUGE if with this group. Jonah is yet to have a full season, he pulls another half season and you have to start labeling him like Eifert as an injury concern. Spain, been steady. XSF, has been injured three straight years. Hopkins coming off ACL.. so.. maybe he is ready, if not... it's Price. And then Reiff who is here for a year and had a foot injury.

There isn't a wrong answer. Chase or Sewell or Pitts.

It's just a matter of which group concerns you most as a fan, and for the Bengals as a front office.

I think the way they've developed WRs over the years gives me more hope they can find the diamond in the rough there. I mean, look no further then Higgins last season who was 3rd among rookie WRs. And Lamb was barely ahead of him on yards 935 to 908 with 7 more catches for Lamb... so damn near the 2nd best rookie WR and taken after a lot of more hyped guys.

Yeah exactly,its how the fans feel about them and how the organization feels could be completely different.  But I see sewell as could be a beast in the run game,but passing game might have his issues at first. I'm not so sure he's that far and above other guys in the draft. Our fans will want him to be munoz.

My favorite of them all is pitts because I think he will take offenses to the next level. But we did not sign a veteran receiver and we need a deep threat,not throw everything short. I also see tee higgins as he was NFL ready coming from Clemson and played in the national championship.  And I don't see him as that great,he did good but I don't see him as a star #1 ,receiver I just don't. I see Tyler boyd as the same way, hes a good slot guy and possession receiver, but not #1 or dynamic. I see neither as a deep ball guy either. We need that. 

So that's where I would hope they add 1 or 2 of the guys that have speed and height in the 2nd round and later if they took Sewell. If not I see a just ok offense,not exciting,not winning games. We have to win shoot outside like I mentioned.  That's zacs play style anyway. He likes to go 3 or 4 wide out. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BobJohnson55 - 04-08-2021, 10:02 PM