Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
Lapham has weighed in on the debate.

His pick

Sewell or Slater

"Who's gonna give ya 70 snaps and who's gonna give ya 70 snaps that might help your team the most?" Lapham asked. "I lean toward the tackle. I lean toward Sewell. Here's a guy that's going to give you 70 snaps a game if you average 65-70 [offensive] snaps. He'll help Joe Burrow. He'll help Joe Mixon. He'll help the receivers because he'll be giving Joe Burrow time. He'll help his teammates on the offensive line. I think the ripple effect of a guy like when Anthony Muñoz was drafted. There's an example—the ripple effect of that excellence, plus I'm telling you it brings everybody's level of play up. When he showed up to camp and he was doing what he was doing, everybody was like 'woah.' And then when he was running like he was running. 'Anthony Muñoz is working like that? I better up the ante, man. I better do a little bit more.' Because you got this guy that's got this talent and all of this work ethic and that's what Sewell sounds like—the same kind of guy. These kind of guys can lift your organization in a myriad of ways. I just think that if it's not Sewell, if they think (Rashawn) Slater's better than Sewell, whoever it is in that offensive line position, I'd probably lean toward going that way."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/dave-lapham-weighs-in-on-the-bengals-fifth-pick-in-the-2021-nfl-draft

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Murdock2420 - 04-08-2021, 11:54 PM