Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-09-2021, 10:46 AM)bengals67 Wrote: If the o line has starters in the third round then I'm taking three o linemen.

How about turning the weakest and possibly most important unit from a weakness into a significant strength.

If Bengals can actually run the ball against the top defenses and protect Burrow better because of a running game, that would improve this team better than any other change and also lays the foundation to become a genuine competitor for the Super Bowl- not just a possible playoff spot- in two or three years.

Sewell, the best guard left in round 2 and maybe a really good center in round 3 would dramatically improve the offense and make the team better than Chase or Pitts.

That seems to be an incredibly heavy handed overcorrection, doesn't it? I mean, I love 3 yards and a cloud of dust as much as the next guy, but that style of offense is a horse and buggy on a racetrack where the peoole you're racing against are driving cars.

I do think the Bengals need to run the ball and control the clock more, but that only works with a strong defense, which the Bengals are working on.

So, how do you solve the WR #1 problem? Like, what is YOUR plan. I feel like my plan: Chase/Pitts 1st & then Leatherwood/Jenkins/Vera-Tucker/Meinerz/Radunz/Cosmi in the 2nd does it perfectly. Or hey, grab 2 of those guys 2nd & 3rd. All of them are very highly rated guys.

I am eager and open to hearing other people's ideas!

BTW, the O line is not the weakest unit on the Bengals. I don't think they're even 2nd. That would be: 1st WRs, 2nd LBs and then, up for debate would be RBs vs O line.

In 2021, nobody's winning the Superbowl running the football (or with their QB playing from their back). Teams throw all over you. Running the football is important, but that now more than ever is only done so you can go deep and throw.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - PDub80 - 04-09-2021, 11:05 AM