Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-09-2021, 11:05 AM)PDub80 Wrote: That seems to be an incredibly heavy handed overcorrection, doesn't it? I mean, I love 3 yards and a cloud of dust as much as the next guy, but that style of offense is a horse and buggy on a racetrack where the peoole you're racing against are driving cars.

I do think the Bengals need to run the ball and control the clock more, but that only works with a strong defense, which the Bengals are working on.

So, how do you solve the WR #1 problem? Like, what is YOUR plan. I feel like my plan: Chase/Pitts 1st & then Leatherwood/Jenkins/Vera-Tucker/Meinerz/Radunz/Cosmi in the 2nd does it perfectly. Or hey, grab 2 of those guys 2nd & 3rd. All of them are very highly rated guys.

I am eager and open to hearing other people's ideas!

BTW, the O line is not the weakest unit on the Bengals. I don't think they're even 2nd. That would be: 1st WRs, 2nd LBs and then, up for debate would be RBs vs O line.

In 2021, nobody's winning the Superbowl running the football (or with their QB playing from their back). Teams throw all over you. Running the football is important, but that now more than ever is only done so you can go deep and throw.
Chase and Pitts are great prospects but I will never change my opinion that throwing a lot of capital into the o line is way more important that adding a possible superstar WR.

Drafting Pitts or Chase might have made sense if they had spent more money on one of the top level free agent o linemen. The guy we signed is better than Hart but he is not a long term solution and is on the downhill side of his career. He is not a top 10 OT. Maybe not a top 15 OT.

Wouldn't it be nice for the Bengals to have a dominant o line. If the Steelers and the Ravens had to worry about Mixon getting over 4 yards a clip and possibly breaking a long one, how much more effective does this make Burrow in his passing game and having time to go through his progressions?

How much better do the WRs look if Burrow is regularly getting 4 seconds to survey the field and they have single coverage because the D is loading the box to stop the run?

Munoz and Lapham both want Sewell. I trust their judgment, particularly our greatest player in team history.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - bengals67 - 04-09-2021, 12:21 PM