Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-09-2021, 12:21 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Chase and Pitts are great prospects but I will never change my opinion that throwing a lot of capital into the o line is way more important that adding a possible superstar WR.

Drafting Pitts or Chase might have made sense if they had spent more money on one of the top level free agent o linemen. The guy we signed is better than Hart but he is not a long term solution and is on the downhill side of his career. He is not a top 10 OT. Maybe not a top 15 OT.

Wouldn't it be nice for the Bengals to have a dominant o line. If the Steelers and the Ravens had to worry about Mixon getting over 4 yards a clip and possibly breaking a long one, how much more effective does this make Burrow in his passing game and having time to go through his progressions?

How much better do the WRs look if Burrow is regularly getting 4 seconds to survey the field and they have single coverage because the D is loading the box to stop the run?

Munoz and Lapham both want Sewell. I trust their judgment, particularly our greatest player in team history.

There is nobody in the NFL that consistently gets 4 seconds to throw.  There are only a couple of guys consistently get 3.  The difference between the elite OL's and bad ones is .6-.7 of a second.

Teams single covered our WR's most of last year.  Burrow was on pace to be the most blitzed QB in the league by a wide margin before he went down.  That's because defenses don't respect our WR's.  If we go three straight OL, we'll just be running at 8-9 man boxes all day and getting overwhelmed by the blitz on third and long because we have no one to keep the D from loading up the box.

Our WR corps is a lot worse than people seem to think.  Something to think about is Tate, Thomas, and Morgan(our current WR3-5) have 2 career TD's in 10 combined years of NFL experience.  That's pathetically bad.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - Whatever - 04-09-2021, 12:56 PM