Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-09-2021, 02:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So I didn't want to quote all but I did want to offer you a counter point.

You say that guys in rough 2 and beyond aren't the big outside WR we need while leaning Chase, who himself is 6'0". So, he is 4 inches shorter then Green already.

Now, when you look back at Pitt a few years ago, there is no doubt their number 1 WR was Antonio Brown at 5'10". Sure he played in the slot but he was without a doubt the most feared WR on their team and for a few seasons, in the league.

The Bengals like to run 4 wide... a lot, I don't know the exact break down, but we saw 4 wide, more then anything last season. I bring that up since in that scenario it doesn't matter if you take a 6'4" or a 5'9" as long as he can play. Tate, and Higgins line up outside in 4 wide, that leaves Boyd in one slot and an open slot on the opposite side. Also, if you go in a bunch formation, there is one outside and two inside and underneath.

I think people are getting too hung up on roles and thinking the X has to be the number 1 guy since that was Green for us. Tyreek Hill is certainly the number 1 in Kansas City and only 5'10", Odell Beckham Jr, 5'11", TY Hilton 5'10, Brandin Cooks 5'10", DeSean Jackson 5'10" there is plenty of guys that are the current number 1 on their team (or where in the last season) that are shorter.

I think we need to worry less about the height and the role and focus more on building the best and most complete roster. If that means Sewell in one and a guy like Elijah Moore in 2, then you go that route. And you run Higgins, Boyd, Moore, Tate across as your 4. 

With all of that being said, I still see the 6 foot guy you want in later rounds easily available. One of Toney, Bateman or Marshall will be there at 38. 

Then there is guys like Armon-Ra St. Brown and Dyami Brown that are certainly there at 38, might be too soon on them in some circles, maybe you get them in 3 maybe you move back in 2 and get another pick to take them. I stand by my belief that when it is all said and done, Dyami Brown will be one of the best WR's out of this class. 

Later rounds to be a developmental traditional X while you let your 2nd round "slot" guy dominate. Tylan Wallace, Cornell Powell (Clemson), Sage Surratt, Marquez Stevenson, Tamorrion Terry, Jhamon Ausbon (who no one is talking about), Tamorrion Terry, Trevon Grimes, Josh Palmer, Nico Collins, Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Seth Williams, etc... this list could continue.

There is just so much talent in this draft at WR. And yes the top 3 are special, but at the OL, the top 2 are special. I love Darrisaw, but even I see him as a step down from Sewell and Slater.

Give me Sewell and Marshall/Toney/Bateman all day over Chase and anyone.

Oh and one more fun name to watch in the draft is Warren Stewart from Colorado State. 6'6" 206 lbs. Talk about a match-up nightmare. If they can coach this kid up, he'd be a pain to deal with.

I think your issue here is you love every receiver you come across. Some of them names are just eww to me. Like Bateman and armon st brown. 

Also there have been shorter receivers,but after the ross pick I'd be very concerned.  I'd rather draft someone 6ft and up for now on. I like dynami brown and Wallace, but would the bengals actually draft either of them. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - BobJohnson55 - 04-09-2021, 02:42 PM