Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We need to draft 2 WRs in Rounds 1 & 2
I would love to hav Chase or even Pitts, but as much as I think they are amazing, my main question is how big of a "need" is WR? It seems like taking a WR high is more of a luxury than a need. We have Higgins who looks like the next AJ. He was a beast as a rookie. We have one of the top slot WR's in the NFL in Boyd, who is still pretty young and seems to love playing here and emerged as a leader. Then Auden Tate who has done nothing but produce every time they put him out there and is a mismatch for DBs. Then we have Mike Thomas who isnt special but he did make some good plays last season and is a solid role player. We still have a couple other young guys like Morgan. So how bad to we need a WR?

Other points to ponder
With Pollack coming in and taking over as run game coordinator, it seems obvious we are going to run the ball more this year.

Burrow was hit and sacked more than anyone until he finally got hurt. He was still putting up 30+ per game fora while. What will he do with a reall good OL? Any WR, TE or RB is a target on any play. He wont favor anyone.

Long term thinking. So now we have Chase, Higgins and Boyd. Who do we keep 3-4 years from now? Do we really want to put that much money in 3 pro bowl caliber WR's? One will have to go, at least. We have other areas to address not too mention eventually resigning Joe. So investing in positions could be an issue if we draft Chase and go WR heavy early in the draft.

Just some things I've thought about that ended up leading me to want to go OL heavy in the earlier rounds. The best teams build from the lines up and we already have 2 really good WRs ad maybe a 3rd if Tate emerges more this season. We need a couple WR's, but I dont think they have to be high picks to produce with Joe and a good run game. We could even grab a solid vet after the June 1st cuts.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We need to draft 2 WRs in Rounds 1 & 2 - bengaloo - 04-09-2021, 03:19 PM