Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(04-09-2021, 03:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. No it doesn't. By all means, a monster #1 WR would *help* with separation issues, etc., but it isn't the end all, be all; you need guys who can get free, scheme plays and formations/routes to free guys up, coach guys on how to use their hands at the LOS in order to gain that separation, etc. You don't need 1 WR to change that around.
2. The Bengals need multiple areas of help, namely WR, OL and EDGE, while LB also couldn't hurt. Thus, a, "monster #1 WR," would not necessarily be the only choice.

What was that about talking in absolutes?

What do you mean "No it doesn't "? What statistics or information do you need to see that shows the Bengals need a #1 WR to stretch the field? In 2020 they were 31st in passes of 20 yards or more, last in passes over 30 yards, and they had a WR trio who had the lowest avg rate of separation in the entire league last year. 1 of which left and the only guys behind him to take his place are a UDFA, 7th rounder, and a cast off from another team they resigned to a league minimum. What other information pointing to NEED #1 WR is lacking for you?

And in no way, shape, or form in any of my posts have I said a WR solves any and every issue the Bengals offense or team has. I have pointed to major problems in the WR room and I displayed statistics proving these issues, but that is in line with the thread topic.

In no way, shape, or form have I suggested avoiding OL, LB, or EDGE in this draft. In fact, I have not only acknowledged that in my posts in this thread, but I showed different solutions on how to solve those things when responding to other people's points. One of those solutions didn't involve taking a WR in the 1st round at all, BTW, as I said the QR from MN in the 2nd or 3rd might be viable.

^ So, you'll have to actually show me speaking in absolutes to shove that narrative down my throat. I just, plainly, never said or even eluded to that because, quite frankly, I don't believe there's only 1 way the Bengals can be successful in this draft.

The topic of the thread, however, is "Burrow.... pushing for Chase". So, in keeping with that theme, I have been illustrating points as to why that makes a lot of sense so that people who think it's absurd can climb down from a ledge.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase - PDub80 - 04-09-2021, 03:50 PM